Don A. Schuster is a native to the Cincinnati area, currently residing in Liberty Township, Ohio. He attended University of Cincinnati’s college of Design, Art, Architecture and Planning (DAAP) and graduated Magna Cum Laude with a BFA in Printmaking. After graduation he pursued a career in the printing and pre-press industries and only paused occasionally to directly use his fine art training. Theater design (sets and lighting), photography, local and architectural history, antique restoration and recently stained glass windows and lampshades were all part-time pursuits. Don is currently working as a full time artist, mostly devoted to oil painting and based out of his home studio.
He is a member of several artist societies, including the Oil Painters of America, the Ohio Plein Aire Society and the Cincinnati Art Club, where he is a signature member, among others.
Don’s work may be seen in galleries and exhibitions throughout Ohio and across the United States, including the following among others.
- Greenwich House Gallery, Cincinnati, OH
- Malton Gallery, Cincinnati, OH
- Ohio Govenor’s Residence & Offices
- Oil Painters of America, Salon Show, Castle Gallery, Ft. Wayne, IN
- 10th Biennial Art Exhibition, Visual Arts Center, Punta Gorda, FL
- 72nd Ohio Annual, Zanesville Museum of Art, Zanesville, OH
- National Open Show, Cincinnati Art Club, Cincinnati Art Galleries
Click here to read Don’s artist statement.